Shared from: https://www.facebook.com/groups/340015849538224
GLAZED KEY LIME CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE – No way did I feel like I as on a diet – more like an incredible lifestyle of great food that fall into P1 protocol – bonus!… The loaves keep well and I think they were better the second day for some reason, it truly felt like I was eating pound cake. There isn’t a way to get the exact texture of it but this one was close. This recipe is a winner!
1 IP vanilla pudding mix (dry)
1 IP plain pancake mix
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sugar free sweetener, granular (Stevia or Splenda)
1/3 C. liquid egg whites
½ tsp. *key lime extract1 tsp. *cream cheese emulsion
1 tsp. olive oil
1 T. skim milk
¼ C. IP vanilla pre-made drink
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
3. Add liquid ingredients; stir to mix.
4. Spray a 5 3/8” x 3” x 2 1/8” mini loaf pan with cooking spray; even out the batter with the back of a sprayed spoon.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes clean.
6. Cool completely. Drizzle with Cream Cheese Donut Glaze; recipe in the files.
Servings: Entire loaf = 2 unrestricted; ½ loaf = 1 unresticted
TIP: *I purchase the key lime extract and cream cheese emulsion at http://www.olivenation.com. Best texture is reached after completely cooled; this pound cake was better the next day and is a great recipe to make ahead.
For more recipes, please go to Janeva’s Ideal Recipes Cookbook Phase 1 on Facebook, or for the Phase 1 cookbook you may visit http://www.janevasidealrecipes.com