1 IP chocolate chip pancake mix
¼ tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
2 T. Walden Farms caramel syrup
2 T. liquid egg whites
1 T. water
- In a small mixing bowl, combine chocolate chip pancake mix (dry), baking powder and pinch of salt. Mix to make sure baking powder and salt are distributed well.
- Add remaining wet ingredients, stir just until mixed. Let rest 1-2 minutes to activate baking powder.
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. Pour batter into frying pan to make 2 pancakes and lightly spread batter out into circles to get 2 decent sized pancakes.
- Cook until edges start to look dry or underside is golden brown. This will take about 2 minutes on medium heat. Flip and cook other side about 30 seconds.
- Serve with a warmed syrup combination of Walden Farms chocolate and caramel syrup.
SERVINGS: 1 unrestricted
TIP: Omit the salt if you’re looking for a regular Caramel Chocolate Chip Pancake.
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the cookbook coming spring 2015. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children and those in need of a nice meal on their plate every day.