20-30 crimini or white button mushrooms
1/2 pound extra mushrooms or a pack of pre sliced mushrooms
1 IP mushroom soup mix packet
1 IP Southwestern Cheese puffs, crushed
Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350
- Destem the mushrooms and set the caps aside.
- Place sliced mushrooms into a food processor until it has a finely chopped consistency.
- Heat a saute pan at medium heat and lightly coat with olive oil spray.
- Make the mushroom soup mix with no more than 3-4oz of water. The consistecy should resemble a gravy.
- Place mushrooms and spices to the saute pan and stir for 3-4 minutes adding the mushroom gravy slowly until the mushroom mix resembles a solid paste.
- Fill the mushroom caps with paste and place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle Southwestern cheese curls on top of the mushrooms (I find that the recipe only requires 1/4 to 1/2 a packet of the cheese curls).
- Bake for an additional 2 minutes to brown the cheese curl crumb.
Serves: 4 people and contains 1 unrestricted and 1/2 restricted