Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff
4 C. chayote squash, peeled and cut into small cubes
2 tsp. olive oil
3 T. Splenda
4 T. water
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. cinnamon (or apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice)
2 T. Walden Farms caramel syrup
2 T. Walden Farms apple butter (or WF pancake syrup)
1. Place chayote in a microwave proof bowl, add 1” water. Cover and microwave 8 minutes; drain.
2. Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium/med hi heat, add chayote and all remaining ingredients.
3. Stir fry the mixture until the chayote browns and softens, about 10 minutes.
4. Turn heat to low (add more water if necessary), cover and let sit for 5 minutes; stir occasionally. Turn off burner and cool; drain juice and discard.
5. Place the caramel apples in a container and refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
Servings: 4 C. veggie
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or http://www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the phase 1 cookbook featuring 297 recipes. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children and those in need of a nice meal on their plate every day. Revised recipe 10/9/16