Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff
1 IP Macaroni & Cheese
8 oz. lean ground beef (or turkey or chicken)
½ tsp. onion powder
1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained (I use Rotel brand)
1/3 C. liquid egg whites
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Boil macaroni according to packet instructions; drain thoroughly after cooking. (Cheese packet will be used later in the recipe.)
3. Meanwhile, brown ground beef with onion powder. Drain any fat and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
4. Add drained Rotel and macaroni (pasta only) to beef mixture; stir to combine. Set aside.
5. In a blender, add eggs, liquid egg whites and contents of cheese packet (dry); blend just until combined.
6. Spray a 9” pie pan, spread beef mixture in pan. Pour egg mixture evenly over the top, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Bake 15-18 minutes or until eggs are set. (refrain from over cooking or the eggs will get dry/tough.) Taste and season as desired.
Servings: whole pie = 16 oz. lean protein + 1 C. occasional veggies + 1 restricted; ½ pie = 8 oz. lean protein + ½ C. occasional veggies + ½ restricted.
TIP: Here’s a few different ways to eat and count this in your daily food protocol.
a.SAMPLE ONE: Breakfast = 1 unrestricted Lunch = 1 unrestricted + 2 C. veggies Dinner = ½ pie + 1 ½ C. veggie of choice Snack = ½ restricted of choice
b. SAMPLE TWO: Breakfast = 1 unrestricted Lunch = ¼ pie + 1 ¾ C. veggie of choice + 1 unrestricted (you may use this 1 unrestricted any time during the day whether for lunch, dinner or snack) Dinner = ¼ pie + 1 ¾ C. veggie of choice Snack = ½ restricted of choice Refrigerate or freeze remaining ½ pie for another day.
For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or http://www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the Phase 1 cookbook featuring 297 recipes. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping hungry children. Copyright ® 2016 All rights reserved.